Its a beautiful feeling...the act of giving, however the joy of receiving, that can never be over-stated...i haven't known anyone yet who does not love to receive gifts...mba! no! its a natural part of our lives. after all, we receive good air, naturally, everyday from the Most High. However, when it comes to material things, i know i always love to be on the receiving end of the gifts but over time I've come to appreciate the saying 'the hand that gives is always on top' which is reverse for the hand that receives and giving has assumed a new meaning for me.
i looked around me and observed that the people that give the most always seem to have (surplus)! They give regularly from what seems to be a bottomless pocket. it's actually like rocket science and somewhat illogical but i guess that's just the way it is. The first origins i could decipher is that giving a biblical concept 'for God loves a cheerful giver' 'give and it shall be given unto you, pressed down, rolling over and shaken together' and countless other quotes from the Bible illustrate indeed how in tune God is with giving. The more i began to embrace the concept of giving, the more I began to receive. I've not yet arrived oh @the giving bus-top but i know that i am not where I started from.
we should also realise that giving does not have to be material or monetary, we can give of our time, effort, gifts and it would have the same if not even more effect. Spare the time to share your monetary, physical, spiritual resources with those that not only need it but might find it difficult to repay you and the benefits there from will be un-quantifiable (is there a word like that? :) )
Giving is not a one-day concept; it grows over time and requires adequate nourishment. One of the best way to cultivate giving for a life-time is encouraging young children to share their toys and gifts especially with their peers. When a little child realises that her little 'Winnie the Pooh' doll could be shared with her little friend, allowing both of them to enjoy playtime in a more fun and happy manner, then she will refuse to hoard and slowly foster the idea of giving and happily so...
As we go out and about this weekend, we should decide to give a little of ourselves and make someone out there smile...just a little bit.
Enjoy!
Today I was searching about why invest in coloured diamond because i was thinking to invest on diamond or gold if it is profitable.
ReplyDeleteAnd i am very happy to see this quality content because it has helping material specially for me.
Keep sharing!
I am weird. I love to give but hate to receive. I always feel like I am not worth someone giving me things so I always question the motive.☹️ Nice article.
ReplyDelete